The Eric Liddell Centre is an Edinburgh charity dedicated to inspiring, empowering, and supporting people of all ages, cultures and abilities, as an expression of compassionate Christian values.
The Centre operates a range of quality caring services. These include:
- a specialist registered Day Care Service for people with a diagnosis of dementia.
- the Ca(I)re Programme for carers that provides free educational, social and health based courses across the city.
- Carer Befriending Service.
- Day Breaks Service for carers and the people they care for.
In addition the Centre provides:
- low cost office space for small charities.
- rooms for other groups providing activities for the community.
- and a range of enterprises to support the Centre’s work.
Thought for the week
"If I know something to be true, am I prepared to follow it even though it is contrary to what I want, to what I have previously said or held to be true?" Eric H Liddell
October is a busy month at the Eric Liddell Centre and there are a number of prayer topics for your diary this month:
- Our Trustees and Senior Management Team will engage with the Centre’s future on 1st October. Please pray for God’s guidance in our Strategic Planning.
- Please pray for our Ca(I)re Programme as it continues to provide support to carers through the city, for the manager and her husband who are expecting their first child this month and for the programme as it prepares a three year tender for the work it does.
- Give thanks for the many volunteers who support the Centre’s work and pray that others will come forward to help us.
- Pray that people will respond positively to the invitation to become ‘Friends’ of the Eric Liddell Centre
- Please pray that the many people associated with the groups using the Centre’s facilities this month will be enriched through this, see ‘What’s On’ for further information.
Find out more about the inspirational life and work of Eric Liddell, which still continues to inspire people today.